Friday, May 18, 2007

I know it's been a while....

While I would love to stamp and post all day, everyday, I have finally realized it is not going to happen. There is just too much to do and I want stamping to remain enjoyable and not a chore. I am not going to put a lot of pressure on myself to stamp and post daily but I will try to do both weekly. I hope you stick around.

I won three blog candy prizes in the last three months. All the prizes were great. This one is my favorite. It's a card holder with three cards and coordinating envelopes that I won from Stampin with Joy! Joy makes these lovely card holders for her hostesses. I just loved it. She used a frosted filter technique on this holder. Joy has an awsome site called STAMPIN WITH JOY



Isn't Joy's holder gorgeous. Thank you Joy for the prize and the inspiration.

I thought this might make a great Secret Sister Gift so I gave it a try. While I am sure this took Joy some time to make because of the technique she used, I found it rather quick and easy (of course I kept it simple). It took one piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper and few folds, punched holes for the ribbon closure and it was done. I know people (especially those in my monthly swap) are saying "use up all that paper already" ..... The SU designer paper I have been using on everything. Well, here is my attempt at the card holder along with two of the three cards I included in it. Do you think my Secret Sister will like it?

Here is the holder:



And here are two of three cards inside. There are also coordinating envelops.



Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Swamp Tulip said...

Such pretty creations. I've been winning some blog candy recently too!

Teresa

Michelle said...

Very very pretty. I really love that last card. The colors are great!!