Thursday, June 7, 2007

It's that time of the year!

Hello everyone! It's been a rollercoaster of a month. I haven't had much stamping time (the one card I made is at the bottom of this post) but I have been very busy. Besides a new job (started 6/1) I have been busy with end of year activities with Kerry AND I joined a bowling team for the summer. First let me tell you about bowling. I bowled from the time I was a little girl and stopped due to arthritis about 12 years ago. I really missed it but I was always in pain so I gave my bowling ball, bag and shoes to Good Will and accepted that I would probably not bowl again. Fast forward to March 23rd, Kerry's B-day. She wanted to go bowling with friends and I took her. The girls encouraged me to try a game. I not only felt good bowling (no pain) but I bowled a 176. I looked into summer leagues since they are shorter to see if I could start bowling again. I found a short 10 week league that only bowled 2 games a night. Now to find bowlers.....I mentioned it after woman's club one night and immediately had my team! We started the following Monday. Carol, Patty, Suzanne and I are having a blast every Monday night bowling. It is a lot of fun and I am so glad I joined. Oh, and I bought a new bowling ball....guess what color????

Now on to Kerry Ann's activities. Being in 8th grade, it is a promotion year. This is the last year before high school. Some of the fun activities include an 8th grade dance, an 8th grade trip to Holiday Hill and a promotion ceremony. The hardest thing was to find a dress and shoes for the dance. We found a pretty turquoise dress and silver shoes. Kerry looked beautiful and had a wonderful time. The very next day she performed in her acting classes end of year production of The Emperors' New Clothes. She played one of the Swindlers and was fabulous! This weekend she is in the Production of American in Paris and has had many long hours of rehersals. The show will be this Saturday and Sunday. I can't wait to see it. Holiday Hill is Monday and promotion in next Friday. Kerry can then rest for one week before she heads out to camp Mohawk for two weeks!

Here are some photo's of the dance and the production she was in last weekend.


Pictures before the dance!


In the Emperors New clothes

OK, I did make one card. I actually have to get working because I have four swaps in June to complete. One is for a "no-layer" card. I don't know why I signed up for this one. I just know I will struggle. Here is my practice no-layer card. I pulled out my SU light table and Shapes Brass Template and embossed a square after I stamped the purse. I added some Crystal Effects around the handle of the purse and a pretty sheer pink and black polka dot ribbon. It still looked to plain so I tore the edge of the paper and inked the edge in pink passion. Still looked plain so I added a strip of black paper to the inside of the card....so much for no layers! Well, back to the drawing board.


Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Your card is so cute!!

Kerry looks very pretty in her blue dress. This is the first time I've seen her I think.

I'm happy to read you enjoyed yourself bowling. I've tried numerous times and my ball always ends up in the gutter. LOL

Diane said...

Great pics,bowling is lots of fun if your not too competetive!
My ball is like a man's thoughts... always in the gutter,lol.