Friday, February 9, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!


It's my birthday! The funny thing is, I woke up this morning and didn't feel or look any different. I don't know what I was expecting on this milestone birthday but I think 50 will be a good year. Thank you to everyone who sent me a card! Some were really funny! AND for some of you youngsters out there (that under 50 group), I will get you back (lol). The picture on the right is a "Red Hat" snowflake that my friend Patty made for me.

Patrick is enjoying these next few weeks because from today until Februrary 24th, we are the same age!

We're off to celebrate. See you all soon!

Saturday, February 9, 1957

US President Dwight D. Eisenhower
US Vice President Richard M. Nixon

Academy Award Winners

Best Picture: The Bridge On The River Kwai Directed By David Lean
Best Actor: Alec Guinness in The Bridge On The River Kwai
Best Actress: Joanne Woodward in The Three Faces Of Eve

Saturday, February 09, 1957
1957 Prices
Bread: $0.19/loaf
Milk: $1.00/gal
Eggs: $0.83/doz
Car: $2,100
Gas: $0.31/gal
House: $18,000
Stamp: $0.03/ea
Avg Income: $5,443/yr
Min Wage: $1.00/hr
DOW Avg: 436

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Diane!!! Enjoy your trip!

Karie (ink stains)