Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What A Difference A Little Ribbon Makes...

I have been looking at this card for afew days now. There was something missing and I couldn't put my finger on it. Today I added a little ribbon and I really like the card a lot better. What do yo think?



By the way, I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the card does have a square punched into the first layer and the prima flower is on the inside of the card.

Last night my electic oven died. It's only two years old. I just finished making dinner and I was taking the last dish out of the oven when there was a loud (and I mean loud) bang, add to that my scream, and everyone comes running to the kitchen to see what happened. The oven just died (and it didn't even pop a circuit). All the lights were out. I just called a repairman and left a message. I am hoping they can come today. Not sure what I will do for dinner now. I guess I'll have to make reservations.....

Tonight is book club and I really loved the book, For One More Day, by Mitch Albom. I think we will have a great discussion tonight. I will update my blog tonight after the Chicklits meet tonight. It's always a fun night at book club. If your a Chicklit...see you there!

Reminder: Tomorrow is the PRIMA FLOWER Blog Reader Contest. Check back tomorrow night!

Book Club Edit: Just got home from book club (it's about 10:00 p.m.) Pat was our hostess and we had about 14 attendees. For the most part the book was rated an average of 3 (on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being a really good book) There were a few 4's and a 2 and a 2 1/2. Discussion was good and as usual we went off topic enough to balance the emotional topic of spending one more day with someone you've lost. Suzanne also had us laughing throughout the night. All in all, I think everyone had a great night.

Next month is: Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I really like the colors you used in your card. The ribbon is perfect. I was trying to picture it without the ribbon and you are right, the ribbon was the perfect final addition :)

Anonymous said...

The oven died! that means no homecooked meals while I'm home again. see you tomorrow

MezzoKat said...

I love your colour combination--what a bright, cheery card! The ribbon does give it a finishing touch.

dawnmercedes said...

My oven is dying...DH unplugged it, plugged it back in and says it works. Please let us know what ends up happening with your oven!

Diane said...

Dawn, the repairman came and said that the broiler element and clock shorted out and it would cost almost $400.00 to fix (parts & labor). Since the oven cost $700 2 years ago when we bought it I decided, I might as well buy a new one. I'm a little annoyed it only lasted such a short time.

Karen M. said...

Hi Diane, Just wanted to say that I was so sorry I had to miss book club last week. I hate missing it! And I loved the book... gave it a 3-3.5 and knew it would be a great discussion. I ran into Pat at the Big Y and she said it was a great evening.

Sorry to hear about your oven. I would be annoyed as well.