Saturday, October 13, 2007

Look What I Made?

I bet your wondering what I have been up to.....Meghan keeps telling me, "if you don't update your blog, how will I know what is going on in your life".

Anyway, I haven't been making a lot of cards. Life has been busy lately. Today we had a great day at our Woman's Club Pumpkin Festival. I worked the raffle table all day. Kerry Ann helped selling pumpkins. The festival was a great success and I think everyone had a great time.

Tonight I did something very new...I took a jewelry class. Julie, from A Hearts Desire started teaching classes in her home. I signed up for her first session (three classes). Since I will be away on a business trip when the first class takes place I took the class a few days early by myself. At first it was a little scary to come up with my our design but Julie is a great teacher and before I knew it I had my piece strung. Unfortunately, when I held it up to look at it, I dropped one side and well, I don't have to tell you what happened. We found most of the beads and I re-strung the side that dropped.

Here is my first creation. What do you think?



Visit Julies blog for more information on her classes. I have her blog listed under sites I visit on the left hand side of my blog. Tell her Diane sent you.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Nice necklace. I hope she does the classes again because I want to take them when I'm not in school. I think a 3 nights in a row in Jan. would be really cool. I was wondering how the PF went - I had to work at the Basket Shop. Glad you are blogging again - this is pretty addicting.

Diane said...

Thanks Kathy. I'm sure she will have more classes scheduled. This class runs three Tuesdays in a row. Give her a call.

The Pumpkin Fest was great! We had a lot of fun and I think we made a lot of money!

We missed you. Hope school is going well.

Diane

Kathy said...

Diane~

Well, thanks to your blog I have entered the blog world. I love it, just wish I had more time for it - as well as everything in my life. School is going ok - we are starting mid-terms so that means 1/2 way through the semester. YEA!!! I have my cards at the Carriage Barn whenever I work. I will try to post them here - Wed. night. I can't remember how I added my picture - just kept playing and it took. haha