Thursday, October 25, 2007

Western CT Splitcoast Shoebox Swap

I am getting ready for a Western CT SCS Shoebox Swap. I have never participated in an event like this before and I am looking forward to it. We had to complete two projects and prep so 13-14 people can make the project. I thought there would be many cards so I am going to make two non-card projects.

Here is the first one I am considering. It is a caramel apple kit.

Here's the recipe in case you can't read it on the photo:

Caramel Apples
Insert stick into stem of apple. Heat caramels and 1 tsp. of water in a microwave safe bowl on HIGH for 1 - 2 minutes OR until melted and smooth, stirring after one minute. Dip apled into the melted caramel, spooning over the apple to coat. Allow excess caramel to drip off. Place on greased wax paper; let stand for 15 minutes or until set. Enjoy!

Here is the front of the kit. The caramels are in a bag with a topper. The recipe shows on the front of the kit.



Here is the back of the kit. As you can see, there are two sticks and nine individually wrapped caramels in each bag.



I'll post project number two when complete. It is going to be a nugget tin.

By the way, we had book club last night. What fun! While many people didn't care for the book we had a great time as usual. Many thanks to Ellen for hostess. The book was Teacher Man by Frank McCourt. I actually didn't read the book (I hate to admit) but those that did felt he had a good story but they just didn't care for his style.

Next months book is the Christmas Shoes at Cindy's. Can't wait to see what Gary prepares for us. He is very creative and everyone always leaves happy!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love the kits. When is the swap? Have fun. Glad you had fun at book club - I got the email from Pat and I will be giving some $ also. I may actually be able to make the next book club - finals should be over then.