Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Chip Board Coaster Box

Who would have thought you could make such cute items with chipboard coasters. I ordered a few of these from someone on SCS and then followed the tutorial on SCS to make these cute coaster boxes. This is my first attempt so I kept it simple. I used SU DP from the winter mini, ribbon and prima flowers. The tutorial suggested both tying the ribbon and braiding the ribbon so I made two boxes and tried both methods Here are my boxes.




We had a nice Easter weekend. Unfortunately Pat and Jack had to work the entire weekend but the girls and I had a fun visiting family. We spent Saturday with Pat's family and Sunday at my sisters.

This is a busy week at work but also I have a lot to look forward to this week. I have Woman's Club tomorrow, which is always fun and this weekend Kerry and I are heading to the Northeast PEZ convention. This will be our 4th year going. Kerry has been collecting PEZ for many years now and has quite a colelction. The PEZ convention is a lot of fun. We meet a lot of great people, attend seminars and on Friday night there is PEZ Bingo with great Pez prizes. When Kerry was younger she entered the kids PEZ costume contest but she is too old for that now. There are many dealers at the convention and Kerry uses this opportunity to buy some interesting items. Last year she bought a PEZ gun. The guns were prizes in cereal boxes many, many years ago. They stopped putting them in the cereal boxes because they felt they were dangerous for kids (the kids would shoot PEZ into their mouths and choke). It was quite a find and a great addition to her collection. She has PEZ from all over the world.

Next I am planning to use the Chipboard coasters to make picture frames.

1 comment:

Lisa and Penny said...

So very cute!!! I love the primas too! :) Great job! Lisa K