Monday, April 2, 2007

Great Ideas!

What great ideas you have all come up with. If you haven't read the comments from the previous post you should! I think every crafter has to work their way through storage and organization issues. My biggest issue is that I don't have room devoted to stamping or scrapbooking so I have to pull out what I want to use and I can't just leave things out if I didn't finish what I was doing. Also, I have so many different storage areas, I forget where I put things and sometimes end up buying a duplicate item I know I have because I can't find the one I have....ugh!

I have already put two of the suggestions in the comments in place. I keep my cardstock in a file cabinet (two draws) and I love the idea to keep a folder behind each color for scraps. What a great idea! I have kept my scraps all together and it's been a pain to sift through the box looking for a particular color. The other idea I implemented right away was to Label-Label-Label. When I first started stamping I didn't realize that the sticker with the name of the stamp set went on the box. Once I realized it, I did put it on the box but I wasn't consistent and the label could be on any side of the box. When I was looking for a set in the cabinet, I could never tell what the name of the set I was looking at without turning it several times. Yesterday, I took out my label maker and labeled every stamp set on the same side so the label was showing when I opened the cabinet. It's so much easier to find a set now. I am hoping to implement more and more of your ideas.

Another thing that helped me when I labeled the stamp sets, I found I had 14 unmounted/unused stamp sets. When I went through them I mounted the sets and made a promise to myself I would use them in April. Tonight I made a quick and simple card using Think Big and Riveting. Both sets have sat unmounted since I bought them oh so long ago. I added a prima flower and a little ribbon. My favorite color combination is Green Galore and Pink Passion but I tend to over use those colors. My second favorite is Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip so I went with that combo today.




Remember the BLOG Contest goes till midnight on Friday, all you have to do is leave a comment with your organization tips or issues on the previous post (April 1st).

Thanks to everyone for their best wishes to Kerry. She is still not feeling well but went to the doctor today and he said it's just a really bad cold. Not sure yet if she will be going to school tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed all of the organization tips. I do have my very own craft room but have many carts, drawers, pegboard, etc but you can always pick up some more tips.
Cuz Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry,
This is Kimmery...What is your most unusual Pez? My kids love Pez's and we have many but I wondered what the most unusual one you have is?