Saturday, November 3, 2007

Fun at the Shoe Box Swap....

What a great time. Fourteen stampers all together for a day of stamping (and eating). There was so much food! And the ice tea was amazing . . . you all know how much I like tea. I am happy to say my meatballs were a hit. It's amazing what you can do with grape jelly & chili sauce. Anyway, we made over 20 projects....well I brought home material for 20 projects...I just couldn't finish them all. I probably made half the projects and stampd the image of the rest to take home and assemble. We made a really cool calendar out of chipboard coasters that I really wanted to finish because the wonderful ladies from Central NY (Gayla & Kari) had the coil machine to finish them off. I really wanted to finish that project and because of it's size (12 months afterall) it did take the longest to finish. Since that project took the longest (and is one I completed) I am posting that project first. Do I need a coil machine? I am thinking about it now....

Here is the cover of the calendar. I thought this paper was so pretty. As you can see, we used just plain chipboard coasters. They are held together with coils.

Here is January - cute snowflakes!






February - the month of my birthday. This year the Woman's club Sweetheart Dance is on my Birthday!





Here is March - with a truckload of shamrocks!





And of Course, April Flowers bring May Flowers!




and Bees!





Isn't the frog so cute (I still have to add the googlie eyes!



4th of July celebration!



A few weeks at the Cape!



Back to school...




Boo! Again, need to add the googlie eyes.




My favorite time of year and favorite holiday - - Thanksgiving.




And finally...December!

It was a great day with a a lot of wonderful projects. I'll post more of the projects in the coming weeks (There are several that I have the materials but still need to put together.

My projects (the nugget tins and the caramel apple kits) seemed to be well received. I didn't realize until I got home that I forgot to put out the stapler with the green staples to staple the toppers onto the caramel apple kit. I wonder how everyone did that? Chances are, with all the projects, they took home the kit to finish at home.

Thanks for reading my blog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes your projects were well rec'd -i loved both of them! had a super,fun day. well worth the 4 hour plus drive!

Michelle said...

Sounds like so much fun Diane!! I wish I had been there, I'd bet your a fun lady to stamp with. I love the projects. The bee's, frogs and February one are my fav's.

Diane said...

Oh that is one nice project,wish I was there,that's gorgeous!!