Thursday, November 1, 2007

I love the shimmer!

Shimmery White Paper that is. Here is a really simple but gorgeous card for winter. It's a case of a card I saw on SCS. I tried to link to the original card but it didn't work. Christy S is the originator. Christy please take it as a compliment . . . while I post cards here I do let you know if I was inspired or completely cased someone and I don't enter any contests or try to publish anything. These card are simply for my enjoyment. I always try to add something different to a cased card. In this case, I changed the sentiment (and the placement) and added silver stickles and silver cord.

At any rate, here is the shimmery snowflake card. It is simple to make and takes very little time. I made 38 of these in less than two hours. I made 14 for my Western CT Shoebox swap in Newtown this weekend; 10 for my monthly swap; and the rest for Secret Sister and friends. I actually made three card folio's to store 3 cards with matching envelopes to send to some friends as gifts.

I used Bashful Blue and Shimmery White Card Stock. Can you see the shimmer? It really makes the card. I stamped the snowflakes and the sentiment in Bashful blue. Added a bashful blue ribbon too. To add a little more shimmer, I added silver stickles to the center of some of the snowflakes and a string of my precious silver cord around the center of the bashful blue ribbon. The ribbon is the taffeta Ribbon from SU (it's very nice).

The stamps I used were the Snow Burst Stamp set from SU and the sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Here is the card with a coordinating envelope ....



Here is the inside of the card folio...



Here is the card folio closed....


I am starting to get excited about the stamping event this weekend and meeting SCSers IRL (in Real Life)! What a concept.

Hope you all had a wonderful halloween. I took Kerry, her friend Cassandra and Cassandra's cute little sister Ana trick or treating. The girls got a ton of candy and had a good time.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hey Diane! Those are really nice!
Love all the sparkles!!