Saturday, November 24, 2007

I have to get back to making cards.....

I've been off all week and I only made one card the whole time.....What, you wonder could I have been doing for a whole week if I wasn't making cards at least some of the time. I had a great week. My husband and I were both off and we were on a cleaning frenzy (and painting). We got so much done this week, it feels terrific. I also reorganized all my stamping / scrapbooking supplies and work area. It will be so much easier now to make cards in my own work area (instead of stamping on the dining room table or coffee table in the family room). We also had some fun during the week. In addition to my Monday night bowling league and my Tuesday Jewelry class, Pat and I went out to dinner & bowling one night & had a delicious Thanksgiving.

We stopped by my sisters to see my family on Thanksgiving. Stayed for a little over an hour and had appetizers (my sister makes a great guacamole and mexican shrimp - - BTW, I still need that shrimp recipe if you are reading this). Then we went to my brother in laws and had Thanksgiving dinner. A fun day and even though we didn't get home till 10:00 p.m. I still got up and went shopping on Black Friday. I didn't really get much but just felt like I should get up and go. I was out of the house by 5:00 A.M. and was home at 8:00 a.m. hitting three stores. At 10:00 a.m. Meghan, Kerry and I went bowling with my friend Patty and her daughter Jessica (a special after Thanksgiving glo bowling). That afternoon, Pat, Kerry and I went to the movies to see Enchanted. It was a cute movie and we all enjoyed it.

One of the stores I went to in the a.m. was Michaels. I had a coupon for 25% your entire order so I went to buy some beads and materials to make a necklace (to practice what I had learned). I didn't see much in beads that I liked but I did buy three strands of a blue demin like bead and some sterling silver findings. This is what I made:



Meghan liked this bracelet (different spacers than the one above) so I gave it to her.



So, I guess I have been a good jewelry student since I was able to make these three projects on my own. The simple necklaces and bracelets are pretty easy (if you can come up with a design - - that's the hard part) but the other projects that are more involved (i.e, earrings, pendants, etc) will require more instruction and practice.

Finally, after a heated game of UNO we called it a night! All in all a great weekend. Two more days till I have to go back to work...I realized, that if I didn't work full time I could still really keep busy everyday (but I would miss that paycheck).

Hope you all had a great Holiday weekend.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Wow what a nice set!!! You are a
great jewelry maker!!! You are so
talented girl!!!