Thursday, March 22, 2007

Finally....

I finally finished the faux stitching card for the new swap I joined. We had to pick a technique and I piced Faux Stitching. As you can see from earlier posts, I have been trying to come up with a card that I liked enough to reproduce for a swap. Today I finished this card (made 12) and I like it. I used the SU Floral background stamp (I like the look with the white craft ink) and the SU Heartfelt Thanks Stamp Set. I added celery ribbon and some crystal effects in the center of the flower. The word heartfelt is in script on the left side of the card...can you see it? Also, I used Winter White Embossing powder on the flower.

Again, I am hoping to post photo's of cards more often. Thanks for your patience.

I am reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan for book club next week. It's by Lisa See. I am halfway through and I do like the book. Book Club is Wednesday and as usual I am looking foward to it. It is a fun night out. Julie is our hostess (have you visited her new blog yet? Look to the left under places I go for a link to her blog and photo's of her beautiful jewelry) and if you are a member of the ChickLits, I look forward to seeing you at book club.

Kerry Ann's birthday is tomorrow. She is starting a new jazz class on her birthday and is very excited. For her birthday we are going to a Japanese Restaurant and then going bowling and friendly's. On Saturday we are going to see the High School production of Guys and Dolls. It should be a fun weekend.

Let me know what you think of my card and check back on April 1st for a new blog contest. It's a great prize...here's a hint: it will help you get organized. Check back to enter the contest.

No comments: