Sunday, March 25, 2007

Fun Weekend!

It was a fun weekend celebrating Kerry's b-day. On Friday after Kerry's jazz class we met her friends Cassandra & Kelly and went to dinner at a Japanese Restuarant. The food was great and we were entertained by a clumsy chef. We sang Happy Birthday to the Birthday girl, who turned red. After dinner we went bowling. While I used to be a great bowler, I haven't bowled in 12 years. I have bowled my whole life in leagues but stopped when shoulder pain made it impossible to stay in a league. Kerry Ann bowls infrequently and usually throws a gutter ball. On this night, however, she had the best game of her life and bowled a 121. She was so happy! I also was pleasantly surprised that I could still bowl and bowled a 178! I might try to join a league again. Since we were there for Kerry's B-Day, the desk at the bowling alley made an announcement on the loud speaker that Kerry was celebrating her birthday on Lane 1 an d we all sang Happy Birthday again. After bowling we went to Friendly's for some ice cream. Again, we sang Happy Birthday. We had a great time!

On Saturday, Kerry had her usual dance and acting classes. In the evening we went to see the High School Musical Guys and Dolls with Kerry's friend Cassandra and her mom, Brenda. The play was very good. When it ended at 11, we headed back to Friendly's for a late night snack, the sampler - - no icecream.

Now on the 23rd I said I would post another card on the 24th, so if you checked back, sorry about that. That didn't happen because of our busy Saturday night but I did make the following cards on the 24th. I am in a swap in April where the theme is baby cards. I wasn't sure what to do. I had a card made by a swapper from the monthly swap I host that was in the shape of a baby's onesy. I had wanted to try to make that card anyway (it was so cute) so I thought I would try it for the April baby swap. I can't remember who made the card originally but I have asked on my SCS thread and as soon as I get an answer I will credit the original creater of this cute card. EDIT: Just had a reply and the original card was made by Pampopular on SCS. Thanks Pam for the inspiration.

Here are my attempts at the cute card.



On this card, I used the cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the front of the card. In the April Swap I can't use the cuttlebug (only SU supples) so I have another idea. I will post the card I end up using when done.



Getting ready to start a new week. Kerry is packing for Florida. She leaves on Wednesday. I am going to miss her.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Oh these are so cute! Did you make the pattern yourself? Looks great.

Mary (toao)

Anonymous said...

HAHA, I just noticed you have mine and janices birthday being counted down now. It is so far away! See you next week

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog and checking out your cards. You do nice work. I have made the onsie and everyone loved it.
Cuz Karen