Saturday, February 23, 2008

Another card....

Here is a card I have been working on to enter into an Arts & Crafts contest for the Woman's Club. This won't be the entry afterall but I am going to try again tonight to make this card come out the way I want. I liked this one until I added the stickles to the layers of cake. I wanted it to be light and subtle but it came out thick and yucky. I have the right idea but I just have to get that glitter right. I think I will try real glitter instead of the stickles (and I love stickles). I also added pearl glue drops to the cake which came out a little too big. I need a lighter hand. The designer paper is from Basic Grey (and that was my last piece of this design). I will try another paper. I am also out of the Purely Pomergranate cardstick which I love to match with the Wild Wasabi. I am not placing an order for more until April 1st so I am going to have to come up with another color combination.




Off to another busy weekend. Tomorrow is Pat's birthday and we will go out to brunch or dinner (haven't decided yet).

The snow is clear from the driveway and walkways and it looks so pretty out there.

Have a nice weekend.

P.S. Karie, this is # 12 - - two more to go!

No comments: