Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Birthday....

to all the Leap Year Babies, including my cousin Karen. Karen was invited to the Martha Stewart Show this week for a special on Leap Year Babies. The show airs today and I am looking forward to watching it and hopefully catching a glimpse of Karen. I'll have to DVR it and watch it tonight since today is a work day!

Happy Birthday Karen!


My Big Sis over on SCS (can't wait to find out who she is) sent me a Circle Card. Here it is:




It got me thinking that I usually make the same size/shape card over and over...the typical A2 card. I decided to make something a little different. I took out my Creative Memories Cutting System (which I love) and looked at the shapes I had. While cutting the shape, I broke my little red cutter which would have cut the size I wanted so I had to make it a little bigger. I realized it wouldn't fit my largest square envelope so I kept cutting it down and went to far. It changed the shape and now it will probably fit into my usual envelope.

Here is the shape I intended it to be:



Here is the card that it ended up being......I used the Friendship Blooms stamp set because I liked the sentiment. I also used Basic Grey DP.




Odd shape but still different than my usual.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hey sometimes different are the best ones!! It's great Diane!!