Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sometimes it takes a while....

to complete a card. I had the base of this card sitting on my stamping desk for several weeks. I liked the basic grey paper and added it to a base of pretty in pink...then I couldn't decide what to do. I left it on my desk for a few weeks and every now and then would look over my stamp sets and see if anything would work with it. Last night I picked up TIME FOR YOU from the SU Occasions Mini. I really like the park bench from this set and I also liked the saying "Always Time for You". This is what I came up with.



Book Club was delicious last night! You might ask how a book club could be delicious.....you would know if you were in the Chicklit's Book Club! Our hostesses usually put on a delicious spread to accompany our book discussion and last night was no exception. Pat's husband Paul pulled together a wonderful assortment and no one went home hungry. We enjoyed marvelous pulled pork egg rolls, chicken saltimbuca and many desserts! Oh, and the book, I really liked it. Reactions to the book were mixed but as usual our discussion was lively. Many in the group did not like all the info given at the end. I won't say why here so I don't spoil the book for anyone who wants to read it. The discussion was shorter than usual but interesting.

I had contacted the author prior to our discussion and he was very nice. He is sending us bookplates for our books. They didn't arrive in time for our discussion but I know everyone will be happy to get them when they arrive. If you would like to visit the authors web site click Here! There is a great tour of the town of Woodstock, VA by the author and his daughter. They show the town that inspired the author in the setting of the book. One of the things that interested me was the Tower that Malcolm often visited when he was working through things. We talked a lot about it last night. Seeing the tower, for me, helped me understand why this was a good place for Malcolm to want to go to work things out in his mind. In many ways, Woodstock, VA reminds me of our small town.

Cindy raffled off a Book Lovers Calendar and we had fun looking through the books recommended on our birthdays. Book club, as usual, is always a wonderful time. What a great group of ladies!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Love your card Diane,that paper is
gorgeous and so is that stamp!!

cindy said...

Love to learn about different books to read Diane as I Love to read. I will have to check this book out.

The card is adorable. I have been eyeing this set since I saw the new mini. You do great stuff!