Friday, July 13, 2007

Work in Progress (and my messy desk)

A while back I bought some $1 wood frames at Michaels. Today I decided to try to alter one of them. I picked out some two-sided Designer paper, found a complementary color of paint. I painted the sides of the frame (and the back), cut the paper (decided to use both sides) and mod podged the paper onto the frame. Right now it is drying. Tomorrow I will have to decide what to add to it (prima's, chipboard, etc). Not sure what to add but will sleep on it.



Meanwhile, tonight my friend Julie and I went out to dinner. It's our first dinner out in our plan to have dinner out once every month (for the next twelve months) at a restaurant neither of us has been to before. Tonight was Joey's Seafood Restaurant and we both had 2 lb Lobsters. They were delicious. We have already planned our August dinner for August 17 at Lucia's. Something fun to look forward to. Julie and I have had a lot of fun over the years. Someday I will tell you all the story of the adventures of the pink flamingo's.

I left a comment on Kim's blog that she won blog candy (don't know why I didn't think of that sooner). Anyway, if she responds back this weekend I will send off her prize. If not, I will pick a new winner (really trying to reach the winner)

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

I responded! Thanks so much! Love the frame and I'm so excited that I won! I never win anything! YIPPEE!!!

~Kdfwkuwz